Arnzen manages to entertain in dazzling fashion…This collection will take you to places you never saw coming. Will tantalize you with its sudden, sharp brevity….[100 Jolts is] a defibrillator sending its shock straight to the brain. CLEAR!
— Jimmy Z. Johnson reviews 100 Jolts for feoamante.com
Also: this just in from Hellnotes newsletter…
DARK DELICACIES BESTSELLER LIST (week of 5/3/04)
1. 100 Jolts – Michael A. Arnzen (Raw Dog Screaming)
2. A Killing Frost – Michael A. Black (Thomson Gale)
3. Heartlight – Marion Zimmer Bradley (Tor)
4. The Best of Ray Bradbury – Ray Bradbury (IBooks)
5. Science Fiction Worlds of Forrest J. Ackerman – Forrest J. Ackerman,
editor (Sense of Wonder Press)
6. Floater – Lucius Shepard (PS Publishing)
7. Psycho – Robert Bloch (IBooks)
8. Dante’s Inferno – Dante (Chronicle Books)
9. The Lurker at the Threshold – H. P. Lovecraft (Carroll & Graf)
10. Spookhouse – Scott Hampton (IDW)
Dark Delicacies is a horror-focused bookstore and “one stop fright shop” in Los Angeles/Burbank, CA, run by Del & Sue Howison. They host a lot of good signings, and carry all sorts of quirky cool things, so when you’re in LA, be sure to check it out.