I’ve been extremely busy on many fronts, personal and professional — and now that I’m on a brief holiday break, I’m catching up with obligations and promises. I plan to get the next issue of The Goreletter out soon, but for now I thought I’d give everyone a quick round-up of what’s happening in Arnzenland lately:
- Big news: The Gorelets Omnibus is scheduled for a January 2012 release! If you preorder a copy directly from Raw Dog Screaming Press (publisher of my other books, 100 Jolts & Play Dead), you’ll get a free collector’s item! Get the hardcover — it’s got a lot of bonus material and is so worth it.
- I started keeping a journal at the innovative creative non-fiction site, cowbird.com. I’m trying to keep it focused on authentic observations, but with an emphasis on the weird, uncanny, and overlooked as much as I can. Drop by, encourage me, and I’ll keep it up.
- A new overview page that lists all the social networking sites I’m a part of is now up at michaelarnzen.com Please feel free to friend and follow in a frenzy.
- This website was injected with a malicious code last month and I’ve been quite busy rebuilding much it from scratch. It was time to purge and renew anyway, and I like how it’s turning out. But several links — especially to material from my gallery and bibliography pages — are now broken and I’m still recreating a page dedicated to my books and other horror creations. If you’re here shopping or researching horror, please head on over to my profile page on amazon.com for the time being.
- If you’re a writer, don’t overlook the book I c0-edited that was released a few months back: Many Genres, One Craft: Lessons in Writing Popular Fiction. It was listed by The Writer magazine as one of the top ten “terrific writing books of 2011” and also was a finalist in the USA Best Books Awards. Read the MGOC blog to learn more.