Intrepid surfer, you have found the brand new Goreletter blog before it has gone live!
The Goreletter is my creative workspace & author’s newsletter; the blog is a working sketchbook for that missive and — upon recently changing to a new webhost — I have decided to expand it and revise it from the bottom up, to make it more accessible for “web 2.0” readers.
Read the All About the Goreletter page for full information on this site and how to subscribe via RSS.
This site is in disarray and heavy construction as I customize the design and consider content elements, while I port over the Goreletter from its former home. You may wind up at dead ends or find dead links or other errors. However, comments are enabled, so do let me know if you have any suggestions. To make sure you don’t miss any news, subscribe to the e-mail version or the rss feed.
My working to do list before going live with the announcement of this blog:
- jigger the css to mimic the gorelets.com front page
- figure out what is blocking the comment window on posts (new plan: comments will be enabled on entries from Jan 2008 forward only)
- integrate plug-ins that mimic the old goreletter blog
integrate the new zenphoto gallery into this page, perhaps? add an about page that features rss links
- announce the move on the old goreletter blog (for rss readers, esp.)
- announce the move on the mailing list
- carry design through the categories consistently; establish categorical structure
- add rss content from tie-in sites
- post separate rss feeds for individual depts
- canvass new search engines
- tweak design for column balance
- consider new ‘web exclusive’ subcontent and/or tagged entries
- polish up gorelets.com subpages (links esp.)
Bit by bit it’s happening. Let me know if you want anything special or encounter any problems. Thanks for dropping by!