A gigantic “THANK YOU!” to everyone who so generously backed our kickstarter project for The Fridge of the Damned magnetic word tile kit! This unique novelty item was not only successfully funded on Feb 1st, 2013, but we reached 200% of our goal from the contributions of so many kind backers, which allows us to deliver the set to everyone in custom tins. THANK YOU! And I also have to thank the folks who joined forces with me — my publishers, John and Jennifer at Raw Dog Screaming Press, who not only have chipped in many of the rewards but are distributing the sets, and Nathan at microhorror.com, who organized, designed and curated this project to its successful finale.
Here’s a sampling of images related to the campaign. You can see many more at the Flickr gallery devoted to the Fridge, which may include future images of the magnets and tins after they’re made (and hopefully people will send me photos of poems from their fridges in March!)
Rewards to those who pledged will be delivered in early March. Here’s a rundown of some of the things people are going to be getting for their generosity.
* The Fridge of the Damned magnetic word tile set: horror poetry on your refrigerator or other magnetic surface, with these “fridge poetry magnets” — all words derived from Arnzen’s gorelets poetry, as it was in the original “virtual” fridge.
* The upcoming ebook: Instigation: Creative Prompts on the Dark Side. All pledgers are getting this one. A collection of prompts for writers, artists, and other “dark creatives” who are looking for inspiration and ideas, based on the column from this site’s weblog and newsletter. See Mastication Publications for more information.
* A “double live” set of CDs: Full-length recordings of two live reading events from 2012: the “Poedown” between Arnzen & Stephanie Wytovich at DV8 Gallery last November, and also the hilarious reading of poems, lists and song lyrics from the Gorelets Omnibus launch at the Morgantown Poetry Society in Summer 2012, called “ArnzenSongs.” The latter will include some bonus musical material from the studio.
* Signed poems written for the occasion (using a poetry magnet rubber stamp set), delivered via postcard to many backers.
* Autographed and electronic copies of a cornucopia of my books.
* Original art used for the Play Dead playing card deck.
* A mystery “grab bag” of items that’s sure to include a handful of things, like Exquisite Corpse DVDs, signed small press magazines, fridge magnets from my personal collection, similar ephemera like old con badges or drawings, and copies of anthologies I’ve appeared in, like Thou Shalt Not.
Missed out? We have tentative plans to offer the magnets and other items for sale on the Raw Dog Screaming Press website in the future, and Instigation will be available wherever ebooks are sold in March.