“Dark Promptings” is a special series of guest-written creative writing prompts, aimed at sparking the imagination’s gasoline for writers from any genre…but with a dark or devious discoloration, just like the Instigation department at Gorelets.com.
The guest contributors are folks who wrote articles appearing in my fat new non-fiction book for fiction writers of all kinds, Many Genres, One Craft: Lessons in Writing Popular Fiction, making a stop on my weblog at gorelets.com as part of their Virtual Book Tour across the web. (You can find my own VBT essays elsewhere).
Here are the contributions:
- 5/29/11: “Murder Ballads” by Jason Jack Miller
- 8/6/11: “Alone in the Dark” by Mary SanGiovanni
- 8/10/11: “Uncanny Surprises” by Sally Bosco
- 8/14/11: “Fear the Family” by Michael Bracken
- 8/24/11: “Don’t Mind the Knife” by Natalie Duvall
- 8/30/11: “For the Bible Tells Me So” by Lee Allen Howard
- 9/24/11: “Love Wrestling” by Matt Duvall
- 10/29/11: “Personal Horrors” by Tim Waggoner
[Tip: If you have an RSS reader, you can subscribe to receive a feed of all the Instigation department prompts whenever they are posted.]