ANNOUNCING A NEW YEAR’S WRITING CONTEST
in the Instigation Playground at AuthorBee
Deadline for entries is 12/29/13 at Midnight est.
WIN AN AMAZON GIFT CERTIFICATE FROM OUR HOST, @AUTHORBEE!
Let’s write a twisted tale together to ring (or is that “wring”?) in the New Year! The story is called “The Resolution.” And it all begins with the following line:
You’re bound. A TV shows Times Square. “What’s your resolution,” a man holding a knife asks, “for the afterlife?”
Consider yourself “instigated”: YOU GO NEXT! You simply need to be a member of twitter to play along (it’s free — check it out). Just log in via Twitter and load up http://tweet.authorbee.com/stories/689 (or return to the Instigation Playground channel at any time) to continue the storyline. But while you’re there, click around on the arrows and mute/solo buttons. If you read other people’s posts and get to a point where you want to change directions, you can do that, too, anywhere along the way.
EVERY POST TO “THE RESOLUTION” STORY IS AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED INTO THE CONTEST and has a chance to win — no matter how erudite, no matter how nutso. So don’t be afraid to join in the fray. In fact, I encourage you to not only fray away, but instigate your friends to come join us too. The story may get crazy, but the beauty of the AuthorBee web app is that it allows you to reassemble the story however you want to, remixing every plot thread until you’ve got a good narrative result. Then you can “share the storyline” on twitter as a way of publishing it. That’s a good way to get your friends to participate in the telling of the tale. But I will also choose and publish the “best storyline” (in my humble opinion) on January 29th and you earn a chance to win a prize of books, poetry magnets, discount codes, and even amazon gift certificates if you are a part of it!
The genius of the AuthorBee site is that it allows you to make sense out of the chaos inherent to twitter. Use this contest as an opportunity to play around all over the site, like joining in the other stories already started in the Instigation Playground. But “The Resolution” is where you can win a prize. The good folks at AuthorBee believe in our creative hivemind so much they are sponsoring our exclusive contest with an awesome amazon gift card prize…and the more people who join us in writing the story, the better the odds are that you’ll win!
For this story — and this contest — to really work, you simply need to follow the following rules.
- Contribute to the story titled “The Resolution” on AuthorBee between 8:00 pm (EST) December 20, 2013 and midnight (EST) December 29, 2013.
- One contribution is required, although we encourage you to contribute more than once.
- You must be a Twitter follower of @MikeArnzen AND @AuthorBee. Follow, then contribute — or contribute, then follow. We don’t care which order, just follow us both so you’ll be updated as the story unfolds.
WINNERS & PRIZES:
I will choose the contest winners in two (2) categories:
1. Best individual contributions. Each contribution that you make will be judged separately. If less than 20 people contribute, I will give one free, signed book to my single favorite contributor. But authorbee.com knows we can do better than that! So if 20-49 people contribute, they have generously offered me FIVE $20 AMAZON GIFT CARDS to give as prizes. If 50 or more contribute, TEN gift cards will be awarded! (What this means, essentially, is that that the more contributors we can bring into the story, the better your chances are at winning something).
2. Best storyline. I will select the best storyline for publication on Gorelets.com and offer featured publicity to everyone who is a part of it, by sharing the story far and wide. Contributors to the “best storyline” will also receive A DISCOUNT CODE on Instigation: Creative Prompts on the Dark Side and be entered into a random draw for one of THREE SIGNED REFRIGERATOR OF THE DAMNED POETRY MAGNET KITS!
The final storyline and contributing winners will be announced on December 31, 2013 on Gorelets.com and via Twitter.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Note: Any tweet you post remains your literary property and are only subject to the terms of service of twitter and/or authorbee — but as a collaborative story line, the final results of this contest should be considered public and the award-winning storyline will fall under the Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA) license. This will allow contributors to share our wild and wacky story freely with others. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/